Discover the wonders of the Chianti region and its unique landscapes on this half-day tour. Taste the wines and typical products of Tuscany, and enjoy a tour of Siena. You’ll have dinner outdoors in Siena’s Piazza del Palio, with pizza and ice cream.
What to Expect
Your full-day tour begins with a stop in Monteriggioni, where you’ll find shops specializing in typical Tuscan products and a number of elegant cafés. Stop to browse the shops or enjoy a cup of coffee.
Take a guided tour of the cellars at a charming wine estate and learn about the stages of wine production. Taste a selection of the wines made on the estate, accompanied by sliced cold meats, salami, and bruschetta.
Next you’ll head to another typical cellar for a wine and olive oil tasting, before visiting Siena, the city of the Palio.
In Siena, you’ll see the city’s major monuments, palazzos, and piazzas, including the Piazza del Campo, where the Palio di Siena horse race is run. Visit the magnificent cathedral in the piazza and admire its exterior.
At sunset you’ll enjoy pizza and ice cream during a dinner outdoors in the Piazza del Campo. Enjoy comfortable seating at a reserved table under the Torre del Mangia.
- Transportation by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multi-lingual escorts
- Visit to the Monteriggioni Fortress
- Visit to a famous estate with a tour of the wine cellars and sampling of wines, oil, and balsamic vinegar
- Snack with sliced cold meats and typical salami
- Opportunity to buy wine, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cheese, and herbs
- Dinner in Piazza del Campo with pizza and gelato
Know Before You Go
• Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time
• Please note that due to the Palio di Siena Horse Race in Piazza del Campo it will not be possible to have dinner outside on 02 July and 16 August 2015
• A vegetarian menu is available upon request