Experience the breathtaking beauty of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Jordan's most popular attraction. Take a Jeep safari through the stunning landscapes of the Wadi Rum desert and enjoy dinner under the stars. Spend the night in a Bedouin tent.
What to Expect
Tour the Rose City of Petra and the Wadi Rum Protected Area, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites. On this 2-day tour from Eilat you’ll spend a night in a Bedouin tent in the Wadi Rum desert and experience the wonders of these treasures of Jordan’s heritage.
Day 1: Petra Tour
After a pick-up at your hotel in Eilat you’ll head to the Israel-Jordan border crossing, where you’ll transfer to a different vehicle for the drive to Petra. On the way you’ll stop at lookout points, enjoying views of the Wadi Rum desert and the Jordanian mountains. At around 11:30 you’ll arrive in Petra and explore one of the wonders of the world.
07:30 Transfer from Eilat to the Arava border with professional assistance
08:00 Border crossing
09:00 Transfer to Petra by new model, air-conditioned car/van/bus
11:30 Enter Petra with your guide and enjoy a short horseback ride
15:30 Lunch at a local restaurant
17:30 Transfer to Wadi Rum
18:30 Overnight in a Bedouin tent in the Wadi Rum desert
19:30 Dinner in the Bedouin tent
Day 2: Wadi Rum Jeep Safari Tour
Begin the morning with breakfast at the encampment, and then set out on a Jeep tour of Wadi Rum, one of the most spectacular areas of the world. In 2011 UNESCO added the Wadi Rum Protected Area to its World Heritage list due to its unique desert landscape, range of narrow channels, natural rock arches, high cliffs, and natural caves.
07:30 Sunrise in the desert with a cup of tea
08:00 Breakfast at the camp
10:00 Jeep safari in the Wadi Rum desert (2 hours)
12:00 Return to the camp; transport to Aqaba
13:00 City tour of Aqaba with free time at the market for shopping
15:30 Transfer to the Arava border
16:30 Transfer from the border to your Eilat hotel with professional assistance
- Round-trip transfers between your Eilat hotel and the Arava border
- 1 night’s accommodation in a Bedouin tent at Wadi Rum (including dinner, breakfast, and a hot shower)
- Lunch at a typical local restaurant.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide (other languages available for an additional fee)
- Entrance fees and short horseback ride at Petra
- 2-hour Jeep safari tour in Wadi Rum
What's Not Included
- Border fees and tips (USD 65 special fee for crossing Israel-Jordan border)
- Personal insurance (does not cover horseback ride)
- Personal expenses
- Soft drinks
- Visa (can be obtained at the border for a fee of USD 75)
Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
Please note the following:
• Flights to Eilat from Tel Aviv are available by special request.
• Visa/tax/border fee and tips are to be paid in cash only (USD, GBP, or ILS).
• A valid passport is required during the tour (please let us know your nationality, passport number, place and date of issue, birth date, and expiry date, in advance).
• Certain nationalities require visas issued in advance.
• Border crossings include border control and customs, and may take up to an hour (your patience is required and appreciated).
• Don't forget to wear comfortable walking shoes, and warm clothing in winter, and a hat and cool, comfortable clothing in summer.
• No food or drink (including water) can be taken into Jordan.
• Lunch will be late, so please eat breakfast before departure.
• There will be a %100 cancellation fee for cancellations made 72 hours or less before the scheduled departure.