Discover the World Heritage Site of Petra in Jordan on a 2-day tour originating in Eilat. Explore Jordan’s most valuable archaeological treasure and top attraction. Stop at the Hasan Prince Palace, enjoy an open buffet lunch, and shop at a Bedouin bazaar.
What to Expect
At 08:30 on the first day of the excursion, a tour representative and your guide will meet you at the south border (the Arava) to assist you with the border crossing. You’ll then begin the drive to Petra in air-conditioned comfort.
On your 2-day Petra tour, you’ll travel along the desert highway for around 80 kilometers and make a short stop at a guest house. After the break you’ll continue on to Petra via the King’s Highway, traveling another 35 kilometers.
Stop near the Hasan Prince Palace for marvelous views over the Petra mountains. At Petra, a Jordanian guide will escort you into the site for a tour of the spectacular sites of the Nabataean city. Pass through the Siq and marvel at the sight of Jordan’s most unique monument, the Treasury, known as Al Khazneh.
Other highlights of the Petra tour include the theater, the tombs, the building façades, and the colonnaded street.
Enjoy an open buffet lunch at the Petra Magic restaurant before heading back into the city where you’ll have time to shop at the Bedouin bazaar. In the evening you can choose to see the spectacular Petra night show (this is not included in the price and will cost an extra fee).
On the second day there is an optional excursion to the city of Aqaba. Otherwise, you’ll be transferred back to the meeting point at the south border.
- Round-trip transfers between your hotel in Eilat and the Arava border
- Transportation by air-conditioned car, van, or bus
- 1 night’s accommodation at a 3-star hotel in Petra with breakfast
- Entrance fees
- English-speaking Jordanian tour guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant (Day 1)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
What's Not Included
- Border fees and tips (USD 100 fee for crossing the Israel-Jordan border. Border fees may change due to currency rate changes)
- Personal insurance - No Insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal
- Personal expenses
- Soft drinks
- Petra night show
- Visa (can be obtained at the border for a fee of USD 75)
Know Before You Go
Please note the following:
• luxury hotel accommodation available at an additional USD 90 per person (Marriott Hotel Petra or Movenpick)
• flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat available by special request
• single traveler supplement of USD 90 per night
• visa, tax, border fees, and tips to be paid in cash only (payable in USD, GBP, or ILS)
• valid passport is required (please provide nationality, passport number, place and date of issue, birth date, and expiry date when booking)
• certain nationalities require advance visa application
• border crossing includes border control and customs and may take up to an hour
• wear very warm clothing in winter; cool clothing and a hat in summer; comfortable walking shoes
• no food or drink can be taken into Jordan
• lunch will be late, so you should eat breakfast before departure
Cancellation up to 72 hours in advance of trip is free of charge.
Cancellation within 72 hours of trip incurs a 100% cancellation fee.