Discover the beauty of Scotland’s Highlands on a 12-hour scenic driving tour of Loch Ness, Blair Castle, the Forth Railway Bridge, and many other amazing sights. Can you spot the Loch Ness monster?
What to Expect
Explore the beauty of Scotland’s Highlands on a 12-hour scenic driving tour by comfortable coach. Following a hotel pick-up in central Edinburgh, you will head towards Stirling, catching views of the Castle and Wallace Monument. Continue towards Callander, and stop for morning coffee, and the chance to meet “Hamish the Hairy Coo.”
Head northwards to the Highlands over Rannoch Moor, until you reach the dark, brooding Pass of Glencoe, where you will stop to learn the haunting story of the famous massacre of 1692. After crossing Loch Leven at Ballachulish, stop for lunch in the Fort William area, then follow the course of the Caledonian Canal up the Great Glen to Fort Augustus on Loch Ness.
Here, you have the option to cruise on the loch for approximately 1 hour, or relax in the tranquil village on the banks of the loch. After Loch Ness you will head South East and take in magnificent views of Loch Laggan.
You should catch a quick view of the magnificent Blair Castle, home of the Dukes of Atholl for over 700 years, before making a stop in picturesque Pitlochry, a delightful Victorian resort town. Then head south through the Kingdom of Fife, past Perth and over the Forth Road Bridge alongside the amazing Forth Bridge before arriving back in Edinburgh.
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Tours are conducted by an English speaking driver/guide. Written guides are available in different languages
• Please Note: It is not always possible to pick-up from the door of hotels or guest houses due to roadworks, one way systems, dead ends, or numerous other reasons. The vendor will do its best to ensure you do not have to walk far to meet the tour
• Drop Off: No guarantee can be given that you will be dropped off exactly where you were picked up. Sometimes you can be, depending on the route back into the city. Your driver will discuss this with you. Drop-offs are at convenient points back in the city center
• Latecomers will not be accommodated. No refund will be given for late passengers or passengers who miss the coach
• This tour has an 8 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered