Take a scenic, coastal route into the Medieval Kingdom of Northumbria; visit the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, once the most important centre of religious learning in the British Isles, and explore the medieval market town of Alnwick´s stunning castle .
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- This Castles, Coasts and Fortresses Northumberland Tour takes you through Britain's medieval center of arts and religion.
- Visit the ancient Holy Island of Lindisfarne, and sample some of the Monk's Mead
- Visit Alnwick Castle, one of Britain's greastest castles and a main location for the Harry Potter films.
- Friendly and knowledgeable driver-guide
- Meals and optional extras (i.e. visitor attraction entry fees - Lindisfarne Castle & Shuttle Bus, Alnwick Castle entry, Alnwick Garden enter) are not included
- Children under 4 years
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
You can find the Edinburgh departure and return point outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- The tour routing and availability is subject to the tidal timetable at Lindisfarne. This occasionally results in the tour having to run in reverse
- Unfortunately children under 5 years old are not permitted on this tour