Edinburgh’s best and oldest ghost tour shows you the Old Town and the city’s underground vaults. Your cloaked guide will reveal the dark side of Edinburgh's history with passion, humor, and flair. Be ready for the unusual on this 2-hour adventure!
What to Expect
Don’t miss out on this night tour of Edinburgh that takes you on an excursion into the city’s grim, grisly, and ghostly past. You’ll hear all about how Edinburgh’s ghoulish ancestors, the infamous Edinburgh mob reveled in blood, guts, and gore. You’ll also learn that there was plenty of this around, particularly at the Mercat Cross.
Your guide will tell you troubling but true tales about gruesome punishment and the unsettled spirits that roam the city, and providing tales of life and death in old Edinburgh. Some of the stories may be a bit close for comfort as you visit the shadowy places where the ghosts still cling to ancient sites.
You’ll descend into the famously haunted Blair Street underground vaults where the ghosts of Edinburgh's past still haunt the present day.
The ghoulish evening ends with a drink and further tales in an atmospheric tavern.
- 2-Hour guided tour of the Royal Mile and Underground Vaults with complimentary refreshment
This activity is non-refundable
Know Before You Go
• Please dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear
• For health and safety reasons, this tour is unable to allow children under 5 years of age on any underground tours
• This is a popular tour and places are limited to 40 persons. Tickets sell very quickly, so it is strongly advised that you book your ticket in advance
• The supplier will only reimburse the cost if they cancel your tour. If you miss your tour, the supplier will attempt to place you on a later one, but customers who have already paid for those tours have priority
• Your choices of drink are red/white wine, lager, orange juice and lemonade