Get fast-track entry to Edinburgh Castle with this full-day ticket. Learn about the battles and sieges fought at the castle, and about the royals who lived and died within its walls. Get panoramic views over Edinburgh, see the Crown Jewels, and more.
What to Expect
Enjoy fast track entrance to all attractions within Edinburgh Castle, and discover the city’s most iconic monument. Free guided tours are available once you're inside the castle, based on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tickets are valid all day from 09.30 until last entry, 1 hour before closing.
Edinburgh Castle dominates Scotland's capital city from its great volcanic summit, and its story has helped shape the nation's story: battles and sieges were fought over it, royalty lived and died within its walls, and countless generations have been inspired by it.
Learn about the many Scottish monarchs it has sheltered, including Queen Margaret (later St Margaret), who died here in 1093, and Mary Queen of Scots, who gave birth to James VI in the Royal Palace in 1566.
In the 1600s, the castle became a military base. Some buildings were rebuilt, while new ones were raised to house a huge garrison and provide a secure jail for prisoners of war. The military presence remains unbroken, but over the last 200 years the castle has become a national icon and is now Scotland's leading tourist attraction.
- Entrance to all attractions within Edinburgh Castle
Exchange your voucher for an official entrance ticket at the Edinburgh Castle Visitor Center (over the bridge, past the ticket office).
What to Remember
• Free guided tours are available on a first come first served basis
• Tours last approximately 30 minutes and run periodically throughout the day
• To join a guided tour, please ask a member of staff at the castle to direct you to the next available tour
• Tour availability may vary depending on staffing and weather conditions
• Students do not qualify as a concession -tickets should be purchased according to age category