3. Edinburgh: 24-Hour Hop-on Hop-off Panoramic Bus Ticket
Explore Edinburgh at your own pace with a hop-on and hop-off open-top bus tour. Enjoy the onboard commentary that describes the history behind the city. Stop at locations like St Andrew Square, Johnstone Terrace, the Royal Mile. See sights like Edinburgh Castle and Grassmarket. Board the bus and begin your city adventure. Compare Edinburgh's Old Town, where families lived in cramped conditions and rubbish was thrown out of the windows, to the elegant Georgian New Town, with its 3 main streets and square at either end.
Hear about the hangings that took place in the Grassmarket as you marvel at the impenetrable Castle Rock above you, and hear about historic attempts to capture Edinburgh Castle. Drive along the Royal Mile, which joins Edinburgh Castle to the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Use the 24-hour ticket to hop on and off as you please. With great visitor attractions, museums, galleries, and restaurants to suit every taste and budget, Edinburgh's got it all! Buses run every 30 minutes, making the following loop:
1. St Andrew Square - Northside
2. Lothian Road - Waldorf Astoria
4. Lauriston Place
5. Johnstone Terrace - Edinburgh Castle, The Scottish Whiskey Experience
6. Lawnmarket - Gladstone's End, The Real Mary King's Close
7. Chambers Street - National Museum of Scotland
8. St Mary's Street West
9. Canongate - John Knox House
10. Royal Mile - Scottish Parliament, Palace of Holyrood House
11. Dynamic Earth
12. Regent Road - Burns Monument