Loch Ness, Glencoe & Whisky Distillery Luxury Day Tour
From £45 per personBook now
- Explore Loch Ness and Fort Augustus and take an optional boat cruise on the lake
- Follow in the footsteps of James Bond and Harry Potter at Rannoch Moor and Glencoe
- See the highest mountain in the British Isles as you travel through Fort William
- Visit a working Scotch whisky distillery and take an optional whisky tasting tour
- Hear stories of Scottish heroes such as Rob Roy MacGregor and William Wallace
09:00: Pass Stirling Castle, the Wallace Monument and Linlithgow Palace (birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots) en route to the Deanston Distillery. Here, you can take an optional tasting tour of this working whisky distillery. Breakfast is available in the distillery cafe.
10:30: Arrive at Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. Your Scottish guide will tell you the story of Rob Roy MacGregor, the most famous (or infamous) Highlander to ever live.
11:45 Follow in the footsteps of James Bond ("Skyfall") and Harry Potter ("Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban") as you travel to the stunning Highland valley of Glencoe. Learn the eerie story of the Clan MacDonald massacre of 1692.
12:30 Travel through Fort William, home to Ben Nevis, which at 4,409 feet is the highest mountain of the British Isles.
13:30: Arrive on the south bank of Loch Ness in the charming village of Fort Augustus. Here, you will find lots of cafes, shops and restaurants for a relaxing lunch. Take a stroll along the banks of the Caledonian Canal. Then, experience the majesty of Loch Ness on a relaxing 1-hour boat cruise (14:.00-15:00). See if you can catch a glimpse of "Nessie", the legendary Loch Ness Monster.
15:45: Admire the impressive Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge. Get breathtaking views of the Nevis Range.
16:15 Enter the beautiful Cairngorms National Park and discover "Monarch of the Glen" country. You will drive along Loch Laggan, before stopping at the Pattack Falls. Take a short walk to the pretty waterfalls that tumble through a rocky gorge as the river flows through the forest. Look for wild berries in the spring and summer.
17:00 Travel over the Pass of Drumochter, which links the northern and southern Central Highlands. Experience the majesty and drama of a mountain pass created by glacial activity during successive Ice Ages.
17:45: Stop in the beautiful Victorian town of Pitlochry.
Return to Edinburgh city center for an estimated arrival time between 20:00 and 20:30.
- Fully guided tour by air-conditioned mini coach
- Choice of 7 departure points in Edinburgh city center (between 07:20 and 08:00)
- Optional Scotch whisky distillery tour (£7 per adult, £5 under 18s)
- Optional boat cruise on Loch Ness (£13 per adult, £9 under 16s)
Departure point A (07:15): Leith Links, East Hermitage Place - bus stop opposite Merith House Hotel, Edinburgh EH6 8AF. Departure point B (07:20): Elm Row/London Road - bus stop at The Gardeners Cottage, Royal Terrace Gardens (across from Hillside Crescent on London Road, Edinburgh EH7 5DX).
Product ID: 66504