See the secrets the charming, cosmopolitan city of Durban offers at nightfall on a bike tour. The Golden Mile of beaches will glow with the setting sun, and the 2010 FIFA World Cup Stadium will amaze you with its imposing façade.
What to Expect
This Eco-Active cycle starts and ends at the Train Gym, 78 Mahatma Gandhi Road. Make your way along the Golden Mile, visiting the mouth of the Emgeni river then head back to pedal alongside Durban’s famous 2010 World Cup stadium.
Make your way along the Golden Mile to Blue Lagoon, known for its bird watching and fishing. Visit the famous uShaka Marine World, an ocean aquarium nestled beneath the imposing view of the bluff. Weave your way along a beautiful canal to the entry of the Durban Harbour.
Turning around you will then face Durban's beautiful Beachfront skyline as you head towards the newly built and spectacular Moses Mabhida Stadium. From there, make your way back to the Elangeni Hotel where a sumptuous spread of gourmet canapés and superb sparkling South African wine awaits you on the upper deck!
- Bikes and all equipment
- Excellent and varied sights
- Personal service from the best guides in the industry
- Sparkling wine and gourmet canapes overlooking the Indian Ocean
What's Not Included
- Special equipment such as toe-clips or other customizations. Contact Bike and Saddle regarding extra equipment.
Train Gym, 78 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Durban
Know Before You Go
• Rates are quoted per trip per person and include Value Added Tax of 14%.
• Bike and Saddle reserves the right to alter or amend rates and trip details at any time.
• Cancellations must be received prior to noon on the day before your scheduled trip to avoid penalties. A 100% refund will be given if these cancellation terms are met. If you cancel after noon on the day before your trip, you forfeit 100% of the trip fee. This includes "no-shows". No exceptions will be made.
• Please note that cancellations must be made in writing and will not be deemed received by Bike and Saddle unless Bike and Saddle confirms it in writing.
• The owners and management of Bike and Saddle cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property or for any possessions of bike tour guests.
• Departure times are not flexible; please ensure that you are familiar with the departure location and time.