Experience a travel revolution: the Segway! Roll effortlessly with indescribable lightness on 2 wheels through the hustle and bustle of this regional capital. Discover the Rhine and the Old Town, or just enjoy the sights and sounds of this metropolis!
What to Expect
You will start at the Robert-Lehr-Ufer and ride down the Rhine promenade towards the Castle Square. Travelling the length of the Old Town of Düsseldorf on a boulevard lined with beautiful trees, you will have a fantastic view of the Arts Academy, the gothic church of St Lambertus, the Castle Tower and the Apollo Variety Theatre.
The journey continues towards the TV-Tower, right into the heart of the Government Quarter, to the seat of the parliament of North-Rhine-Westphalia. After a short detour to take in the glass Stadttor skyscraper, you will dip into the futuristic world of the Media Harbor, before returning upriver, enjoying beautiful views of the Rhine meadows.
Düsseldorf is a happening city, and exciting events take place almost daily on its streets and squares. On some days, therefore, for safety and convenience, the tour will take an alternative route, for example, towards the historic area of Kaiserswerth, where Florence Nightingale once studied.
- Intensive safety training and riding instruction before the start of the tour
- Hire-fee during the training and tour
- Professional tour-guide
- The whole experience lasts 2 hours
What's Not Included
- You are recommended to bring the following:
- Bicycle helmet (can be borrowed for no fee on location)
- Suitable clothing for the weather and season - for example, raincoats, scarves, cycling-gloves, sunglasses, sun cream
Know Before You Go
• Minimum height: 1.40m
• Recommended maximum height: 2.00m
• Minimum weight: 45kg (7 stone)
• Maximum weight: 118kg (18 ½ stone)
• Valid license to travel (at least a motorcycle license - must be on your person)
• Minimum age: 15 years (those under 18 should have written permission from a parent or guardian)
• a non-liability disclosure must be signed before the tour begins (participants take part in the tour at their own risk)
The following are not allowed to take part in the tour:
• Pregnant women
• Those under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication
• Those with illnesses that may impede the safe control of the Segway (for example, serious heart disease or circulation problems, vertigo, high blood pressure, co-ordination problems)
• Those who have undergone heavy sedation or anesthesia under 24 hours before