Sample the foods and wines of South Dalmatia and the Pelješac Peninsula on a 9-hour gourmet lovers tour from Dubrovnik. Meet friendly wine producers at local wineries, and cruise to the oyster farms of the picturesque Little Ston Bay.
What to Expect
Learn about the South Dalmatian wines of the Pelješac Peninsula, one of the most famous of Croatia’s wine lands, on this full-day tour from Dubrovnik, and meet wine producers to tour their vineyards and cellars.
Upon arrival, you will have some free time to explore the ancient town of Ston, famous for its stone walls and saltworks. Continue to the Vukas winery for an introduction to its wines, brandies, and liqueurs. After tasting a selection of the produce, the winery owner will take you to the vineyards and explain the story of wine production in the Pelješac region.
The next stop will be the winery of Mr. Miloš, a famous vintner who has been awarded several times as one of the best producers of Croatian reds for his use of mali plavac grapes (similar to Zinfandel) and production of a spectrum of wines.
Continue to the Matushco winery in the Dingach region to discover the largest and most famous winery on the Pelješac Peninsula. The Matusko family has been producing wines for centuries, building a new cellar in 1998 that was modeled on the chateaux of France. Taste premium wines made from mali plavac grapes, and learn about the family’s ventures into Dalmatian champagne and extra virgin olive oil.
Then, drive to the oyster farms of picturesque Little Ston Bay. Cruise to the oyster farms by boat, tasting fresh oysters and mussels, as well as more local wines, or prosciutto ham and cheese, en route. Disembark the boat back in Little Ston to enjoy lunch at one of the seafront restaurants, and sample the seafood specialties of the region.
- Transportation by private vehicle (determined by the number of people in your group)
- Passenger insurance
- English speaking driver
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees for wineries
- Boat tour to Oyster farms
Know Before You Go
• For the best experience the tour can include a visit to 3 wineries (depending on season and weather conditions) with a wine tasting at each one; a boat excursion to the oyster farms, with fresh oysters, mussels, and wine tasting on board; and lunch at a seafood restaurant (to be paid in the restaurant according to individual selection of food and drinks)
• Additional options and supplements: service of a professional guide during the program (including tour of Ston and the saltworks)
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring your camera and sunglasses and hat or cap (in summer)