Mljet is Croatia's greenest island, with its Mediterranean vegetation, clear sea, gentle sandy shoreline, and a wealth of underwater sea life. Travel from Dubrovnik on a private day tour and go sightseeing and swimming in this natural park oasis.
What to Expect
Visit the island of Mljet on a full-day, private excursion from Dubrovnik. Explore the beauty of the area and learn about 2 famous people who were shipwrecked on the island: Odysseus and St. Paul the Apostle.
Your day begins as you sail toward the island of Kolocep. Along the way, enjoy the panorama of Dubrovnik's old town. Stop off at the offshore reefs and take time to explore a sea cave and swim.
You will then make your way to Mljet, home to a national park. Visit Lemnui, a famous beach bay, where you will have free time to wander around and swim. Then head to the northern part of the island to see Odysseus' cave.
After swimming, pass by the settlement of Soline as you sail into the village of Pomena. Leave the boat to take a trip to the sea lakes and stop off at the Benedictine Monastery of St. Mary, founded in the 12th century.
Return to Pomena where you will enjoy lunch in a local restaurant. Then board your boat and begin the return trip to Dubrovnik, admiring the views of Mljet, the Elaphiti Islands, and coastal villages from the water.
- Boat rental
- English-speaking skipper/crew
- Snorkeling equipment (mask, fins, snorkel)
- Drinks on board (water, juice, beer)
- Fruit (upon request)
Know Before You Go
Additional options and supplements:
• A tour of National Park Mljet with a guide
• Lunch in the restaurant of your choice
It's recommended that you bring along:
• Comfortable footwear and warm clothing or wind jackets (April, May, October)
• Swimming suit and towels (during summer months)
• Sunscreen with a high factor (during summer months)
• Hat or cap