Discover the crossroads of civilizations on an 8-hour private tour of Mostar from Dubrovnik. Explore the Oriental districts, represented by the symbolic Old Bridge across the Neretva River. Stop at the small medieval town of Pocitelj and more.
What to Expect
Explore the meeting of the East and West on a private 8-hour tour of Mostar from Dubrovnik. A personal driver will take you on a voyage through the flair of Mostar’s Oriental architecture, mixed with the city’s Western feel.
Drive through the Neretva River valley, hugging the Adriatic Coast and Dubrovnik littoral, to pause in Pocitelj. Explore a small medieval town, before you continue to Mostar to discover a meeting point and melting pot of cultures and religions.
Developed on the basis of a small antique settlement, the bridge, its towers and today’s oldest parts of Mostar were built by the Turks during the Ottoman Empire. A fortified settlement connected by bridge across the Neretva River was first described and documented in the 15th century. Mostar was even named after its bridge and the 2 fortified towers on either side, known as "Bridge Keepers" (Mostari), Helebija and Tara.
Tour the main historical monuments, including visits to the museum and old mosque. You will then have some free time to stroll through narrow streets of the Old Town, teeming with souvenir shops offering Oriental merchandise.
Your driver will recommend places for a lunch of authentic Bosnian specialties on the banks of the Neretva River. Then return to Dubrovnik, stopping several times at popular panoramic points.
- Private transportation by vehicle determined by the number of people in your group
- Passengers insurance
- English-speaking driver
What's Not Included
- Guide (you can choose this option during booking)
- Lunch (at local restaurant of your choice or recommendation of the agency / guide)
- Museum entrance
Pick-up from hotels or residences in Dubrovnik. Please confirm details
Know Before You Go
• For the best experience it is highly recommended you add-on a tourist guide in Mostar
• Museum entrances in Mostar include the Turkish house and mosque
• Please wear comfortable footwear and clothing, and bring sunglasses (summer months), hats or caps (summer or winter months) and your camera
• Lunch service should be paid at the restaurant, according to individual selection of food and drink