Dubrovnik’s City Walls and Wars Historic Walking TourProduct ID: 12449
From £14 per personBook now
- Explore the heart of Dubrovnik’s Old Town and learn how the city became one of the most prosperous and advanced maritime republics for centuries
- Take in the breathtaking views of the port and Old Town from the top of the city’s walls
- See important historical landmarks, such as the Revelin Fortress, Minceta Tower, Lovrijenac Fortress, and more
- Hear mesmerizing stories and facts that make up over 1,400 years of Dubrovnik’s history
- Stroll through the Old Town with a local guide, licensed by the Croatian Ministry of Tourism
- Choose between morning or afternoon option, the guided walks are offered twice a day, every day, from April through the end of October
This historic 2-hour walking tour will focus on the defensive and political challenges Dubrovnik faced, and its struggle to survive as a small independent republic. A local guide will bring you to the top of Dubrovnik’s fortifications and lead you around the mesmerizing city walls.
Take in breathtaking views of Dubrovnik’s port and Old Town, and visit landmarks vital to the political and defensive history of the city. Your guide will reveal why places like the Revelin Fortress, Minceta Tower, and Lovrijenac Fortress were essential structures in the protection of Dubrovnik’s people and prosperity.
Offered twice daily from April through October, the 2-hour tour is a highlight of any visit to Dubrovnik and will give you a thorough background on the essential role Dubrovnik played in the civilized world’s history.
- Guided walk conducted by a professional local tourist guide, licensed by the Croatian Ministry of Tourism
- Admission to Dubrovnik city walls (KN 120 per person, to be paid at the city walls entrance in Kunas or by credit card)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
The walking tour begins in front of SKY BAR (ex Fuego) (Brsalje 11, Dubrovnik), just outside of Pile Gate at the western entrance to the Old Town. Please arrive 5 to 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 12449