Connemara & Galway City Full-Day Tour from Dublin
- Tour the Inagh Valley and Connemara National Park for views that will take your breath away
- See the 19th-Century Kylemore Abbey, steeped in history from royal visits to tragic events
- Sail on Ireland's only fjord at Killary in Summer, or visit a sheep farm and cut some turf in the winter
- Explore the bohemian city of Galway
Take the scenic road from Galway towards Oughterard, the gateway to Connemara. Pass through quaint villages, with unparalleled views.
Pass through Maam Cross, where you will get your first glimpse of one of the numerous lakes that make Connemara so famous. The area is a gaeltacht region where the locals speak Irish, so you may have to learn a few words on your journey!
Drive past the Maumturk Mountains and the magnificent Glencoaghan Horseshoe of the Twelve Bens Mountain range, one of Ireland's famous hiking routes.
The highlight of your day will probably be the 90-minute boat trip along Ireland's only fjord at Killary Harbour. Marvel at all the mussel beds as you gaze at Mweelrea, the highest mountain on the west coast of Ireland.
Please note that the Killary boat cruise does not run during winter months (November to March). Instead, you can explore a traditional, working, mountain farm. At the Killary Sheep Farm in the heart of Connemara, a local farmer will present a sheepdog demonstration, and show you how his ancestors cut 'Turf', a valuable source of natural fuel that is cut from the land and then dried.
Hop back on the bus and head for the little village of Leenane, where the enigmatic movie "The Field" was filmed. Pause at of Sheefry Hills before making your way back to Maum and then back into Galway City.
Spend 1-hour walking around Galway, taking in its charming atmosphere. Visit the main shopping district and walk down to the busy harbor to see the Spanish Arch.
You will then head back across land to Dublin for the end of your tour.
- Tour of Connemara National Park, Kylemore Abbey, Galway City
- 90-minute boat trip down Ireland's only Fjord (April to October only)
- Unique sheepdog and turf-cutting experience on a traditional, working, mountain farm (November to March only)
Tours depart from the Dublin tourist information center at Suffolk Street, at the old Church, Dublin City Centre.
Product ID: 18757