Dubai: Spice of Life Half-Day Culture Tour
From £71 per personBook now
- Explore Dubai’s heritage and local traditions in the oldest parts of the city
- Jump on the Abra and cross the Creek to the home of old-style trading in Dubai
- Taste a traditional Arabic Mandi the local way – with your hands!
- Learn about Arabic coffee and sweets from around the Middle East while sampling a local favorite kunafa
- Experience modern Dubai, including travelling on the longest driverless metro line , staring in awe at the Burj Khalifa
Head to the souk area, where you may catch a few bargains as you wander around the golden lanes of the Gold Souk.
Next you’ll go to the small, but busy port where you’ll jump on the Abra, which is used to cross the Dubai Creek. The best way to see the many amazing and impressive buildings that have sprung up along the Dubai Creek is from the waterway itself.
Continue through the oldest market in the city, the Textile souk where the best designers buy their fabric. This road leads you to the Bastakya area, the first settlement in Dubai. After a quick history lesson, it’ll be time for well-deserved refreshments and the chance to sample traditional Arabic Mandi, made for sharing! Be prepared to eat with your hands for the authentic experience!
Hop on the metro to experience flip-side of Dubai – ultra modernity. After the ride on the super modern public transport running along the city, see the biggest “modern souk” in Dubai, known as the Dubai Mall. You won’t spend much time here (just enough to taste a cheesy treat and learn about the sweets of the Middle East) because you have something a little more fascinating to stare at…and it just might be the tallest building in the world.
- Local English-speaking guide
- A bottle of plain mineral water
- Arabic Mandi, Arabic coffee, Kunafa
- Metro ticket (one way)
- Abra ride
- Entrance to the museum
- Items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for your guide
- Transfers to and from meeting/end point
Al Ras metro station by the ticket office. To get to this metro station, take the green line. If you’re coming from downtown Dubai on the red line, change lines at Burjuman station and take the green line toward Etisalat. Al Ras is the third stop from Burjuman. If you are taking a taxi, please ensure you have plenty of extra time to get to the meeting point as traffic can be heavy in the afternoon in the old part of the city.
• Please cover up from the sun, and dress respectfully (no shorts)
Product ID: 40031