Cruise the fjords of the Musandam Peninsula on a 2-day tour of Khasab from Dubai. Soak up the hot desert climate on board a traditional dhow, and sleep under the stars on a peaceful beach. Explore the surrounding mountains by 4WD vehicle, and more.
What to Expect
Discover the “Norway of Arabia” on an overnight cruise and mountain safari of the Musandam Peninsula at Khasab. Located on the border of the UAE and Oman, the arid landscape is sheltered from the rough seas of the Persian Gulf by a natural shelter. Immerse yourself in the unique atmosphere of this ancient landscape on an overnight camping tour from Dubai.
Depart Dubai at 06:30 and drive to Khasab on the border of the United Arab Emirates and Oman. You are scheduled for a 09:30 arrival in Khasab, where you will be welcomed aboard a traditional Omani dhow. Set sail at 10:00 for the majestic fjords of Khor Sham. Cruise around the mountains and white sand beaches, enjoying on board refershments along the way. You will make 2 stops to swim and snorkel in the azure waters, with the chance to spot dolphins at the entrance to the fjord.
By 16:00 you will arrive at a white sand beach, which will be your home for the night. All camping equipment, including tents, is included. Enjoy the tranquil location, with toilets and showers as the only real nod to modern luxuries! Savor the sweet flavors of a barbecue dinner after dark, and experience life in the desert wilderness.
Breakfast on the beach at 08:00, before your pick-up and transfer to the harbor. Here, you will climb aboard 4WD vehicles and explore the mountains on a half-day safari tour to Jebel Harim (“Mountain of Women”). Enjoy breathtaking views of Khasab and Dibba. Look for ancient rock art carved on the mountain side. Transfer to a local restaurant for lunch at 13:30, before the return drive to Dubai.
Passport copy for all participants and residence visa page copy ( for residents ) or entrance stamp page copy ( for tourists) or tourists visa page copy ( for tourists that have tourist visa ) of all participants should be sent by email 7 days prior to booked date.
Tour must be booked 10 days in advance.
- Round trip transportation (Dubai-Khasab-Dubai)
- Half-day mountain safari
- Full-day cruise on board a traditional Omani dhow
- Lunch and refreshments on board
- Swimming and snorkeling stops
- Dolphin watching
- 1 night's camping at the beach (on site toilets and showers)
- Camping equipment (tents, mattress, pillow, sleeping bags, Arabic majlis, tables, chairs, and generator)
- Barbecue dinner and breakfast at the beach
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• A minimum of 2 persons is required for the pick-up. A supplementary charge is applicable for single passenger pick-ups
• All tours are subject to weather conditions. In case of cancellation, the cost of transportation will be charged
• Please carry your original passport with at least 90 days validity
• All tours and transportation are shared
• UAE exit and Oman entry fees are not included in the above tour rates (approximately USD 25 per person, paid in cash at the border)
• Please check that your UAE visit/tourist visa allows you to cross the Oman border
• All reservations must be completed at least 48 hours prior to arrival date
Cancellation processed 10 days prior to booked date will be 50% refunded.
Cancellation processed in the last 7 days to the booked date will be 0% refunded.
No-show = no refund.
Please note that once the activity started there will be no refund.
Entrance tickets will not be refunded or rescheduled.