Escape Dubai for the evening and enjoy multiple activities on a 6 to 7-hour red dune desert safari. Drive across the red sand dunes by 4WD vehicle. Watch the sunset over the desert sands. Go to a desert camp for a barbecue dinner and much more.
What to Expect
Discover the beautiful red desert landscape on the outskirts of Dubai on a 6 to 7-hour evening tour to a Bedouin camp. Enjoy breathtaking views of the desert dunes, and entertaining activities upon arrival at the camp.
Following a pick-up at your hotel, drive to the center of the desert on approximately 60-minute journey to your 1st destination. Upon arrival, stop for about 20 minutes for some warm-up-for safari things such as deflating your 4x4’s tires to suit the desert ride. Take a restroom break before going into the desert while our team are waiting to catch up the convoy, or spend that time enjoying optional Quad bike ride.
Then, drive across the desert red dunes on a thrilling 4WD dune bashing activity. If you are feeling truly adventurous, opt for the high dunes option where the level of the dunes is increased.
Once you are done with dune bashing, stop in the heart of Dubai desert to try a hand at desert sandboarding. If you already know skating or snow-boarding, it will come easily to you - just stand on the board provided and glide over the soft & smooth sand dunes. You’ll find this even more effortless than snowboarding! Conquer more dunes with your board and experience the thrills.
Enjoy a panoramic view of the sunset (Not Guaranteed-Chance 50% to catch it in desert before the camp), before going to an authentic Arabic camp. Experience a traditional Arabic welcome of coffee and dates, and learn more about the culture through multiple activities and entertainments. Relax in the beautiful Bedouin encampment, and watch traditional tanura dance shows, belly dancing, and more.
Take a ride around the desert sands on the back of a camel (a short ride which can be repeated). Get a traditional henna painting on your hands, or smoke a shisha pipe to get into the spirit of the Arabians. You are invited to put on traditional costumes for a souvenir photo. You can even get a photo taken with a falcon on your shoulder!
Then, enjoy a gourmet barbecue of Arabian treats. There will be a variety of BBQ cuisines to select like the Shawarma, Kebabs, Salads and all. Feast yourself under a canopy of stars.
- Pick-up and drop off at your selected hotel/ location
- Transportation by 4WD air-conditioned Land Cruiser
- English-speaking licensed driver
- Dune bashing
- Sand boarding
- Welcome drinks
- Arabic coffee and tea
- Henna painting (optional)
- A short camel ride (can be repeated)
- Sunset photo stop (Not Guaranteed-Chance 50% to catch it in desert before the camp)
- Shisha pipe ("Hubbllee Bubblee”) free in the Shisha Area only
- Shared camp, as per your selected option
- Tanura and belly dancing show
- Snacks and unlimited water and soft drinks
- Barbecue dinner (self-service or VIP service (if option booked) open buffet with vegetarian and non-vegetarian options)
- Cold mineral water in the vehicle during the transfer
What's Not Included
- Any other expenses not mentioned in "what's included"
- Quad Bike and Dune Buggy options (available on request, depending on availability)
- Alcoholic beverages (available at the camp at additional cost)
Know Before You Go
• The duration of the tour will be between 6 and 7 hours depending on traffic
• Infants (below 3 years old) are not allowed in the car during the dune bashing
• Dune bashing is not suitable for pregnant women
• All desert safari drivers are well trained and licensed safari drivers. The Land Cruiser or Hummer vehicles are fully insured and well equipped with all necessary safety features, such as roll bars, seat belts, government trackers, GPS, GMS, and a First Aid box
• For the sharing tour the pick-up time will be within 30 minutes of your selected pick-up time.
• Dry days: entertainment activities (tanoura dance and belly dancing) and alcoholic drinks will not be available during the below dates: 06 June for 1 month; 20 October; 12 December
• Please note, if your skin is sensitive to henna then you are advised not to do it