Discover the rich local tradition of night crab hunting in the mangroves of Umm Al Quwain, Dubai. The low tides provide access to people of all ages and the barbecue buffet allows you to cook your catch and enjoy a scrumptuous buffet along the shore.
What to Expect
Discover the thrill of crab hunting on this extraordinary tour in Umm Al Quwain, Dubai at Flamingo Beach Resort. Skilled guides on glass-bottom boats will ferry you to natural mangroves abundant with crabs where underwater lights illuminate the local nighttime sport.
Enjoy the fruits of your labor by cooking your catch on the shore during the barbecue buffet. The entire program takes place at night during low tide so people of all ages can test their skills.
Umm Al Quwain is located in the Northern region of UAE and is the only place in the region where mangrove formations are found. Mangroves are a natural phenomenon found only in low tide areas adjacent to land and are ideal habitats for crabs. Night crab hunting is a very popular marine sport enjoyed by the locals of Umm Al Quwain.
Please be sure to wear proper beach attire.
- Pickup at 16:30 from any place in Dubai and drop off at 21:00
- 45 minutes to 1 hour crab hunting trip by boat in Umm al Quwain
- All necessary equipment such as safety jacket, spear, torch, and slip-ons
- Tea and coffee before and after crab hunting trip
- Continental dinner with the fresh catch of the crab
What's Not Included
- Expenses of a personal nature
Know Before You Go
• The tour operator is not responsible for any injuries of any manner and magnitude
• Children must be between 5 and 10 years of age
• All necessary equipment such as safety jackets, spears, torches, and slip-ons are provided
• You will receive a SMS message one day before the tour starts to reconfirm your pick-up time. If this is not the case, please contact your local supplier
• Water-resistant slip-ons (can be rented at the resort)