Enjoy a guided trek that takes you to the top of volcanic Mount Batur at sunrise. You’ll ascend to the highest peak and crater to marvel at the stunning sunrise and early morning views. Enjoy breakfast and spectacular views at the top.
What to Expect
You’ll be met in your hotel lobby very early in the morning to begin this 7-hour activity. The drive to Mount Batur will take approximately 1-1.5 hours.
The mountain is an active volcano located at the center of 2 concentric calderas northwest of Mount Agung, in Bali, Indonesia. The trek starts in the dark, and you will walk for 2-3 hours before reaching the highest peak.
Enjoy the amazing sunrise at the summit of Mount Batur, as well as a light breakfast of tea and eggs boiled in volcanic steam.
During your descent, you’ll explore the 3 younger craters and see the most recent lava flows as you take in the amazing volcanic landscape. Continue the trek to the foot of Mount Batur, where the driver will be waiting to drive you back to your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English-speaking trekking guide
- Breakfast at the top of Mount Batur
- Mineral water and snack
What's Not Included
- Personal trekking equipment
- Souvenir photos (available for purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• It is recommended that you bring trekking equipment, trekking shoes/sandals, a hat, sunscreen and mosquito repellent
• The activity is not recommended for persons with respiratory disorders or other health problems