Venture out of Jerusalem to visit Masada, an ancient cliff top fortress. Wander through the Ein Gedi nature reserve, and take a swim in the Dead Sea. As you float effortlessly in the water, reflect upon all that you have seen in this action-packed tour.
What to Expect
Explore the beautiful natural landscape of Israel on this guided tour from Jerusalem. Encounter historical sites, breathtaking views, and rejuvenating atmospheres.
After being collected from Davidka Square or the Carta Parking Lot (just outside the Old City) at 07:00, drive towards Masada, a cliff top fortress. This is one of the earliest Jewish symbols of hope, where 96- Jewish rebels held the fort against the Romans for 2 years before choosing the freedom of death over a lifetime of slavery. Here you will have the chance to ride a cable car to the top of the cliffs, taking in the awesome scenery.
Afterwards enjoy a hike through the stunning Ein Gedi nature reserve taking in its springs, tumbling waterfalls, and unusual plants and wildlife.
Treat your tired feet to a dip in the Dead Sea. Float effortlessly and feel all your troubles soothing away. You can also take a trip to the lowest place on earth and immerse yourself in the therapeutic mud!
Once refreshed, informed, and invigorated, drive back to Jerusalem where the tour will end at approximately 16:00.
Once fully refreshed and treated, you will be ready to make your homeward journey to Jerusalem.
What's Not Included
- Lunch and Drinks
- Masada Entrance (29 NIS)
- Masada Cable Car (47 NIS)
- Ein Gedi Entrance (29 NIS)
Know Before You Go
• You will need to enter your passport number upon booking. After clicking on the Book Now button, a booking form will show up. After you have filled-in all the necessary information enter your passport number in the field remarks for the local operator.
• 2 different pick-up points are offered, please choose one of them before booking. You can either choose to be picked up at the Abraham Hostel, Davidka Square at 07:00 or at the Jaffa Gate at 07:15.
• The tour is self-guided: it includes full transportation and printed guiding materials, but no actual guide.
• Things to bring: passport, sunscreen, walking shoes, bathing suit, towel, hat, and water.
• The tour starts and ends in Jerusalem.
• Estimated time of arrival back in Jerusalem is 16:00.