Trek the rainforests of Vietnam’s Central Highlands and abseil down the rocks of the Datania Waterfalls on a full-day rappeling tour from Da Lat. Learn to master the rappel ropes and canyoning techniques, and enjoy refreshing swims in the river waters.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Da Lat, and spend the day in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, trekking to the Datania Waterfalls for more adventure thrills.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Da Lat, transfer by van to the trail heads of the Datanla Waterfalls, just outside the city center. Hike along the rocky paths of the jungle trails, crossing some small rivers to stop at a 6-foot (10-meter) high cliff. Here, your guides will give you careful instructions on how to rappel the dry cliff, teaching you how to control the ropes and how to stand back if you lose the right position.
Continue walking to another cliff above a river. Abseil down about 57 feet (17 meters) to jump into the water. Then, enjoy some free time to swim before a picnic lunch. Those who want to stay dry can abseil down slowly until they reach the river!
After lunch, head into the heart of the Datanla Waterfalls, and canyon the 25-meter high waterfall, ending with a free jump of 3 meters into the water. The free flowing water makes this more of a challenge than the morning's activity. Next, you can jump a 14-meter cliff straight into the water.
Trek to your last and most challenging rappel, known as the “Washing Machine” for its fierce water. Free rappel to the center of the cliffs, before jumping into the river below. After a refreshing swim, trek back following a single track route over small cliffs, to meet up with your transfer van back to Da Lat.
- Private land transfers as per program
- English-speaking guides
- High quality rappeling gear (Black Diamonds brand)
- All entrance fees and jungle access permits
- Picnic lunch
- Travel Insurance
- Water-resistant blue bags
- First aid kit
What's Not Included
- Surcharge for tours in other languages, and during festive or peak seasons (will be advised at time of booking)
Know Before You Go
• Cancellation policy for cancellations made by customer: for cancellations of more than 31 days prior to arrival, 30% of tour cost is non-refundable; for cancellations of between 30-15 days prior to arrival, 50% of tour cost is non-refundable; for cancellations of between 14-7 days prior to arrival, 70% of tour cost is non-refundable; for cancellations of 6 or less days before scheduled tour, 100% of tour cost is non-refundable
• If the remaining balance of total tour payment is not made before the start of the tour, the operator has the right to cancel the tour or confirmed services
• In the event of force majeure, or unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside the control of the company, alternative tours will be offered at no surcharge, or customers can claim a full refund of amount paid