Visit the ancient city of Petra on a full-day excursion from Dahab. First you’ll sail from Taba to Aqaba in luxury and then drive to Petra, where you’ll visit the most popular attraction in Jordan. Enjoy lunch at the Movenpick Petra, a 5-star hotel.
What to Expect
Petra, a treasure of ancient world, lies hidden behind an almost impenetrable barrier of rugged mountains. It features incomparable carvings in stone that make it the one of the most majestic ancient sites still standing.
The city was carved into the stone over 2,000 years ago, and was designed to dominate the trade routes of ancient Arabia. During this full-day excursion you’ll have sufficient time to visit the highlights of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, including the Treasury, which was featured in the Hollywood movie, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
05:00: Depart Dahab for Taba Heights
07:00: Arrive at Taba Heights
07:30: Sail to Aqaba
08:15: Arrive at Aqaba Tala Bay Marina
08:30: Drive to Petra
10:30: Arrive and Petra for a guided tour
15:30: Return to Petra entrance for lunch at the Movenpick Petra (5-star hotel)
17:00: Depart Petra for Aqaba
19:00: Arrive at Aqaba
19:30: Sail to Taba Heights
20:15: Arrive at Taba Heights
- Meet and assist at Taba Heights
- Meet and assist at the Tala Bay Marina in Aqaba
- Round-trip luxury boat between Taba Heights and Aqaba
- Round-trip transfers by air-conditioned bus between Aqaba and Petra
- Entrance fee at Petra
- Lunch at 5-star hotel with open buffet
- Professional licensed English-speaking guide
- Horse riding for 10 minutes from Petra entrance into site
- Marina and Aqaba departure fees (USD 25 per person)
What's Not Included
- Extras during lunch
- Tips for the horse attendant at Petra
- Re-entry visa for Egypt (if needed)
- Anything not specifically mentioned as included
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
The itinerary is subject to change in the event of circumstances beyond the operator's control.