Experience the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the splendor of Machu Picchu on this 2-day excursion from Cusco. Explore the archeological sites of Pisac and Ollantaytambo, travel by train to Aguas Calientes, and marvel at the spectacle of Macchu Picchu.
What to Expect
Discover the mystery and majesty of Machu Picchu and explore the archeological site at the Sacred Valley of the Incas on 2 days of guided tours from Cusco.
Day 1: Sacred Valley Tour (Meal – Buffet lunch)
You’ll be picked up at your hotel and head to the Urubamba Valley to visit the village of Pisac, noted for its Creole and colonial aspects, as well as its native market and craft fair. Explore the archeological ruins. Lunch is provided.
In the afternoon you’ll visit the fortress of Ollantaytambo, a site of agricultural importance in the days of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire. Later you’ll take the train to Aguas Calientes, and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2: Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu Tour (Meals – Breakfast)
After breakfast at the hotel you’ll board the bus for Machu Picchu, where you’ll enjoy a guided tour of the citadel before the crowds arrive! On this 2-2.5-hour visit your expert guide will show you all the important areas, viewpoints, temples, residences, and more.
This will leave you with plenty of time to climb the Wayna Picchu mountain on your own, and possibly some time for optional hikes in the area.
Take the bus back to Aguas calientes, and enjoy some free time in the afternoon to visit the hot springs before traveling back to Ollantaytambo by train. You’ll then have a tourist bus connection for the return to Cusco and your hotel.
- Bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English)
- Food and drink specified as included
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu and the Wayna Picchu mountain
- Transportation and train tickets to Machu Picchu
- 1 night’s hostel accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Pick-up from hotels around the Cusco Center
- Drop off in center of Cuzco
What's Not Included
- Food and meals not specified as included
- Partial entrance to the Sacred Valley
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Please send a copy of your passports upon booking
• Bring your passport to all the excursions
• Bring a small backpack for the tour; with sun cream, hat, sunglasses, etc.
• Wayna Picchu entrance is subject to availability
• All tickets, costs and expenses of this tour are fully paid in advance in Peru, which means this is a non-refundable and/or non-transferable tour.
• If you want to take this tour on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday please send a request to the supplier. If there is availability, they will respond quickly to your request.