Machu Picchu & the Sacred Valley: 2-Day Tour from Cusco
From £379 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceHotel pick up
- Visit the magnificent ruins of Machu Picchu, "The Lost City of the Incas"
- Learn about the fascinating history and rich culture of the Incas
- Spend a day exploring the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas
Day 1 - Sacred Valley
Your first day is dedicated to Peru's famous Sacred Valley, appreciated by the Incas due to its special geographical and climatic qualities. It was one of the empire's main points for the extraction of natural wealth, and one of the most important areas for maize production in Peru.
We start the trip visiting the impressive fortess of Pisac, continuing to the colonial village at the base of the ruin where we will visit an artisan market full of hand made products. Afterwards you will enjoy a typical luch at the town of Urubamba, we head then to the picturesque village of Ollantaytambo, site of another large Inca ruin. After the tour you will be transferred to the train station to enjoy a two hour rail tour to the town of Aguas Calientes where we spend the night.
Day 2 - Machu Picchu
Early in the morning we board a mini bus up to the citadel of Machu Picchu to start the guided tour. This site kown as "Lost City of the Incas" is one of the most renowned examples of Inca architecture, here you will visit the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun Dial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, houses, warehouses, a large central square; all connected by narrow roads and steps that are surrounded by terraces cut into the mountain side. After the tour enjoy free time to explore the sanctuary on your own; return at night to Ollantayambo by train, then a bus will take you back to the city of Cuzco.
- Pick-up from hotels in downtown / drop off at Plaza Regocijo
- Bilingual guides
- Sacred Valley Tour
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes (private room in hostel)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo at 21:30
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cuzco
- Tourist ticket (Sacred Valley - 70 Soles)
- Bus tickets in Machu Picchu (56 Soles)
- Tips for guides
Product ID: 47618