Spend an enjoyable half day discovering Cozumel’s Mayan heritage, experiencing the spectacular beauty of the island’s scenery, and being entertained by some playful sea lions at a special show. Snorkel or scuba dive along the island’s top reefs as well.
What to Expect
The first stop on your half-day tour is the Mayan Village Theme Park, where you’ll learn about the lifestyle of the Mayan people. You’ll also learn how tequila is made!
Your archeological experience begins with a visit to San Gervasio Mayan Site, as you’re taken back in time on a tour of the largest and most impressive archeological site on Cozumel.
Walk along a limestone road through this ancient village as a guide tells you about the history of Mayan civilization. San Gervasio, the most important Mayan archaeological site on Cozumel, became a place of pilgrimage. Women were required to visit the shrine of Ixchel, the goddess of fertility and love, at least once in their lives.
El Mirador is next, where you’ll stop to see the stunning coral beach and amazing rock formations created by the sea. Huge crashing waves create waterspouts that enhance the beauty of this unspoiled natural creation. This is the perfect spot to enjoy an ice-cold coconut drink served right in the shell.
Continue your tour with a visit to Eco-Parque Punta Sur. This beautiful locale features an eco-park of 2,500 acres that shelters indigenous species including exotic birds, crocodiles, and sea turtles. See the Caracol Mayan Ruins and visit the Navigation Museum. From the top of the Celarain Lighthouse you’ll experience panoramic views of a spectacular beach.
The tour ends at Chankanaab Park where you’ll visit the botanical, underwater, and ecological park located in the Cozumel National Reef Marine Park. Enjoy the beach at your leisure and snorkel or scuba dive along the island’s most beautiful reefs.
It´s easy to see why Chankanaab is the number 1 attraction on Cozumel!
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Tequila Tour and free Margarita
- 1 bottle of water per person
- Cooler box if you’d like some other beverages such as beer, soda, or wine (please indicate when booking if you’d like this box)
- Admission to the Mayan Village Theme Park, San Gervasio Mayan Site, Eco Parque Punta Sur, Chankanaab Botanical Garden, and Underwater and Ecological Park
- Admission to the Sea Lion show (show times are 10:30, 12:30, and 14:30)
What's Not Included
- Cost of optional tour guide at San Gervasio Archeological site (USD 18.00 per group of 1-9 persons)
- Water activities or excursions at Chankanaab Park
- Transportation from Chankanaab Park to the port or your hotel
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
The Tours which are starting at 13:00 will not arrive in time to see the Sea Lion Show in Chankanaab. However, there are plenty of other activities to enjoy.
Bring your own camera, swimsuit, towel, biodegradable sunscreen, a hat, and cash. Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended.
If you or a member of your group is in need of any special service or equipment please let us know when you place your reservation. We can arrange for a baby seat, wheelchair, or vehicle with a wheelchair ramp to ensure that everyone in your group can enjoy the visit to Cozumel.
Serving you is not a job, it’s our pleasure!