See the highlights of West Cornwall including a tour of magical St Michaels Mount, only accessible by causeway or boat, Land's End, old mines perched on the very edge of the sea and stroll the pretty streets of St Ives, often voted UK best seaside resort.
What to Expect
This is a private tour for up to 6 people. You will be collected from your hotel or accommodation for the trip to West Cornwall in a luxury Land Rover Discovery. The tour is suitable for all, but an ability to walk a few hundred meters from the car will enhance your experience.
You will be collected from your hotel at an agreed time for the drive to St Michaels Mount, your guide pointing out places of interest and telling some of the history and stories of Cornwall on the route. Admission is included in your tour price. This former monastery dates back to the 8th century, and has been owned by the same family since 1650! The castle is spectacular, and the sea views,are some of the best in the UK.
A delicious Cornish pastie may be the lunch of choice, before you drive through Penzance to Land's End,where there are great photo opportunities including the chance for your photo next to the famous signpost showing the distance to your home town. There are good views out to the Longships Lighthouse.
You stop at Botallack en route. This is where there is an iconic Cornish landscape of the former mining engine houses which are perched just above the crashing waves. This was one of the locations for the recent BBC TV series Poldark.
After a short drive to St Ives You'll be free to wander around this pretty town, regularly voted the best UK seaside resort, and maybe visit the Tate gallery or the Hepworth museum. The shops and galleries make this a dream location for your souveniers. You will then be taken back to your hotel.
- All transport
- Private tour guide
- Admission to St Michael's Mount
What's Not Included
- Optional signpost photo charge at Land's End
- Attraction admission in St Ives
- Meals and refreshments
- Tips and gratuities
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Order of the tour may vary depending upon causeway opening times due to the tides at St Michaels Mount, and distance from your hotel
• Please note reaching the island at St Michaels Mount does involve a 500m level walk along rough ground on the causeway,and getting to the castle involves a long, steep climb up uneven steps. If you are unable to undertake this, the tour will stop for photographs and then move on to alternative locations in West Cornwall which are more accessible