Discover the world of Irish whiskey at The Jameson Experience in Midleton. Enjoy a complimentary glass of Jameson’s whiskey, see the world’s largest pot still, and get the chance to become a qualified whiskey taster!
What to Expect
Set on 15 acres of lovely grounds, the Jameson Experience is both an education and a cultural experience as soon as you step through its doors. Go back in time as you see carts piled high with sacks of grain, and smell the malted barley drying in closed kilns. You will discover the largest pot still in the world, the Angels Share and of course, the finest of Irish whiskeys.
Day time tours operate 7 days all year round, except selected dates at Christmas. The journey begins with an audio visual presentation, followed by a walk through the recreated distillery, and culminates in the Jameson Bar with a complimentary glass of Jameson, a 3-part comparison whiskey tasting, and the chance to become a "Qualified Irish Whiskey Taster."
Located just 15 minutes drive from Cork on the N25 Cork to Waterford road, tours usually last approximately 1-hour, but you can make a day of it and have a delicious lunch in the Malt House Restaurant, or browse the Distillery gift shop, were you will find exclusive Jameson gifts or a special memento of your visit.
A great gift to take home is the Jameson Distillery Reserve, a 12 year old whiskey exclusively for sale at Midleton and the Old Jameson Distillery in Dublin. Make it even more special by having your bottle personalized as a great gift or memento of your visit.
- Guided tour and tour brochure
- A complimentary signature Jameson drink
- Comparison tasting
- Volunteers are selected in each group to participate in a comparison taste test. Those selected are rewarded with an Irish whiskey taster certificate
Know Before You Go
• All guests receive a 3-part comparison whiskey tasting - sampling Jameson against Scotch and American whiskey - as part of the tour.
• Each guest will also receive a signature Jameson Ginger and Lime drink upon completion of the tour.
• All tours are in English, but language tours can be booked for groups of 15 people or more.
• The tour is both indoors and outdoors, so rain jackets are required. In off-peak season - October - April - warm clothing is required.
• Alcohol will only be served to persons over 18 years old. Those under 18 receive a soft drink. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Not suitable for children under 5.
• Opening Hours: November - March from 10:00-18:00 - tour times : 11:30, 13:15, 14:30, 16:00. April - October from 10:00-18:00 - tour times all day between 10:00 and 16:30.
• Private guided tours available on request.