Multi-Day Tour: Udawalawe National Park Elephant SafariProduct ID: 39532
From £248 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceColombo or any other location on the island. There may be additional charges if the drop off point is not located in Colombo. Please inquire.
- Enjoy the wildlife of Sri Lanka with the protection of your local guides
- Admire the many wild animals living in the national park, including elephants
- Visit the historical temple of Maha Saman Devalaya in Ratnapura
- Take time to tour Ratnapura's fascinating gem museum
Located in the dry zone of Sri Lanka, and with a picturesque majestic mountain range in the background, the park's beautiful reservoir is encountered before you even step into the park grounds. The Udawalawe reservoir serves as the lifeline of the region, providing water for wild animals throughout the year. This is a great place to spot some of the many aquatic birds that make the reservoir area their home, or the many other animals - such as elephants - that visit it for water daily.
Spend the rest of the exciting tour exploring the best of this unique landscape, including a two-hour Jeep Safari to see the beautiful elephants of the park. Enjoy a visit to the historic temple of Maha Saman Devalaya, a shrine dedicated to the god Saman, a Buddhist deity considered to be the guardian of Ratnapura. Finally, enjoy a trip to the famous gem museum in Ratnapura.
The combination of Udawalawe reservoir, the national park and the striking mountain range in the background, as well as the rich history of Sri Lanka, makes this trip an awe-inspiring one that you will not find anywhere else in the world.
- Transportation from Colombo to Udawalawe National Park and back in a modern, air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees and four-wheel-drive jeep for the 2-hour safari
- Fees for the historical temple of Maha Saman Devalaya
- Fees for the gem museum in Ratnapura
- Video and camera permits
- Any expenses or services not specified throughout the tour
Colombo or any other location on the island. There may be additional charges if the meeting point is not located in Colombo. Please inquire. (Open in Google Maps)
• 21 days or less: 100% cancellation charges
• 21-30 days beforehand: 50% cancellation charges (or the equivalent to the cost of the first two days)
• 31 days beforehand: No cancellation charges, provided no commitment or advances are made to third parties
Cancellation policy will be applicable for any reduction of rooms after the release period.
Product ID: 39532