Discover the secrets of Cologne's breweries on this private 2-hour. Visit 4 breweries in the city and sample the product of each house. Experience the Cologne beer culture and learn about the brewing history of the city.
What to Expect
Embark on a journey to discover Cologne’s national drink, the brewery mentality, the Cologne way of life, and the history of the city.
Cologne’s favorite drink is known to be healthy. Since 1986 the Kölsch convention has laid down what Kölsch is, where it is brewed, and what it is drunk from. In recent years, Kölsch has also been protected in Europe as a regional specialty and the Kölsch convention is recognized as the basis.
On this tour you will visit 4 breweries, sample the product of the house, discover what Kölsch and Altbier (specialty from Düsseldorf) have in common, and what a “Pittermännchen” is.
Each participant will receive a documentation of the history of each brewery that you visit with anecdotes and the listing of each existing brewery. In this way, you can keep memories of the tour for the future.
You will visit the following breweries: Brauhaus Früh am Dom, Peters Brauhaus or Brauhaus Sion, Gaffel Haus am Alter Markt (where the guilds of Cologne are represented), and Bierhaus an der Salzgass (the highlight of Cologne Carnival). Other combinations can be arranged on request.
- Information material and a personal "Brewery Diploma"
- Tour with a knowledgeable guide
Meet in front of the Heinzelmännchen Fountain, Am Hof 12-18, 50667 Cologne
Know Before You Go
• Minimum age: 18 years
• The tour can last up to 2.5 hours
• For bachelor parties, participants are asked not to dress in costumes or appear excessively drunk
• A surcharge of EUR 20 applies to group bookings starting after 20:00, which has to be paid to the tour guide locally
• Participants with mobility problems are more than welcome to join the tour; please specify if any of your party require mobility assistance when booking since the tour itinerary will be adapted as necessary
• Upon request, the supplier can make a dinner reservation for you and your party at the last brewery of the tour (for breweries in the Old Town only; please book well in advance)