Enjoy a fine dining experience aboard a vintage tram as you drive through the center of Christchurch. Marvel at the sights of the “Garden City” as you feast on a 4-course menu. See the River Avon and Botanic Gardens, and much more.
What to Expect
Climb aboard a vintage tram for a unique dinner tour of Christchurch. Admire the city’s sights illuminated for the night as you dine on a 4-course, chef prepared menu.
The colonial-style Christchurch Tram has been fully refurbished inside and out to create a cozy, intimate experience. It’s fully air-conditioned for comfortable dining at any time of year. Enjoy a complimentary drink on arrival. Then, sit back and relax as your knowledgeable driver provides live commentary on the city’s sights.
Glide past city highlights, such as the Avon River and Botanic Gardens on a 2.5-hour journey through the city center. See how the city has been rebuilt since the earthquakes of 2010 and 2011. Popular with locals and out-of-towners, the dinner tour features chef-prepared menus in a dining car for up to 36 people.
Enjoy seasonal fare served from the tram’s tiny kitchen, including a first course, main course and dessert. As well as a creative selection of innovative meals, the chefs can also cater to specific dietary requirements with prior notice.
- 4 course dinner
- Complimentary drink on arrival
- Live commentary by the driver
• Please notify the Tramway office at least 24 hours in advance of any cancellation. If this notification is not provided a 25% cancellation fee will be charged to the booking agent. Please note that any customer who does not show on the day without informing the office will be charged the full price
Christchurch Tramway Stop 1, Cathedral Junction, Christchurch.
From March - October, tour departs at 19:00.
From November - February, tour departs at 19:30.
In both cases, please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to tour start time.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• The Tramway Restaurant has seats for up to 36 people, made up of 2 and 4-seat tables. For groups of 3, 5, or other odd numbers, or people dining by themselves, please contact the supplier so that they can arrange your seating accordingly
• The Tramway Restaurant is not suitable for children aged under 10 years old. The price for a child aged over 10 is the same as for an adult