See the sights of New Zealand’s “Garden City” at your own pace with a full-day ticket to the vintage tram in Christchurch. Climb aboard a classic Edwardian punt for a 30-minute guided punt along the River Avon in Christchurch.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Vouchers must be exchanged for tickets.
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- See how Christchurch has developed since the earthquakes of 2010 and 2011
- Jump off the tram at sights such as the Canterbury Museum and Botanic Garden
- Climb aboard an Edwardian flat-bottomed boat for a punt down the River Avon
- Float through the city centre on your punt ride to see the rejuvenated Avon River Precinct
- Full-day ticket for the vintage tram
- On board commentary
- Punter and guide
- Live commentary
- Blankets and hot water bottles (if required)
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Please exchange your voucher for your tickets at the Christchurch Attractions Booking Office at tram stop 1 in Cathedral Junction (109 Worcester St), or at the Worcester Bridge Punting landing (75 Worcester Boulevard).Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please note that you should be prepared to share a punting ride with other guests, especially in summer months. Exclusivity cannot be guaranteed
- Please notify the local supplier at least 24 hours in advance of any cancellation. If notification is not provided, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged to the booking agent. If no notification of cancellation is received within 2 hours of the departure time, or in the event of a no-show, no refund will be given.
- Trams run every 15 minutes from 09:00 to 18:00 in summer (October-April) and from 10:00 to 17:00 in winter (May-September).