Hike and bike through the rainforests of the Mae Sa Valley on a day trip from Chiang Mai. Take a 5-kilometer hike with an experienced local and discover villagers going about their everyday lives. Then, get off-road on a 20-kilometer bike ride.
What to Expect
Depart Chiang Mai and journey to the Mae Sa Valley region in approximately 1 hour. Arrive at the start point of your adventure on the outskirts of a hill tribe village, where you will commence a 2.5-hour hike. Start with a gradual climb as you trek past some village houses, surrounded by unspoiled jungle.
Follow your experienced guide - and perhaps a few friendly dogs - on the 5-kilometer walk. As this is a local trail, there’s a chance you will encounter locals going about their everyday tasks. Discover a variety of flora and fauna, as well as a cabbage farm and another hill tribe village. Listen as your local guide shares their knowledge of the area and explains the customs of village life in northern Thailand.
Stop at a picturesque waterfall for a picnic lunch of homemade Thai cuisine. Then, begin your 20-kilometer cycling trip from the waterfall, starting with mostly downhill rides along a sealed road. Turn off the main road to find yourself riding through village alleyways, rice fields and the rural roads of the Mae Sa Valley.
Bike a few of the off-road trails to really get off the beaten track. End at the Orchid Farm, where you can freshen up and have a quick browse before the drive back to Chiang Mai for an approximate arrival time of 17:30.
- Pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by covered pickup truck
- English-speaking guide and licensed driver
- Water and snacks
- Mountain bikes with 24 gears and front suspension (plus cycling helmets)
- Support vehicle
- Thai picnic lunch
What's Not Included
- Beverages (other than water)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Other meals
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour involves about 5 kilometers of hiking and 20 kilometers of cycling. It is suitable for participants with good physical fitness
• Vegetarian and other dietary needs can be catered for. Please advise at time of booking if required
• Wear suitable outdoor clothing, such as hiking boots or runners, and bring a hat, sunglasses sunscreen and insect repellent
• This activity is not recommended for people with heart problems or other serious medical conditions