Enjoy a day at Baan Chang Elephant Park, a site dedicated to providing elephants with the highest quality of life possible. The elephants in the park live in their natural habitat, and you will be able to interact with them on this full-day program.
What to Expect
See elephants enjoying life in their natural habitat at Baan Chang Elephant Park. Your 9.5-hour program begins with a pick-up at your hotel in Chiang Mai, and then a drive through the Thai countryside north of the city. Once at the park, you’ll learn how to be a mahout (elephant caregiver).
Your guide at the park will give you useful information about Thai elephants, including instructions for riding and guiding. You’ll have an opportunity to feed the elephants before stopping for some lunch of your own.
Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a ride on the back of an elephant through the beautiful forest landscape, for about 90 minutes. You can even guide your elephant into the river, where you’ll learn how to wash the animal. The guide can take photos of this for you.
After returning from the river to the main hut, you’ll have a rest and enjoy some coffee and tea before heading back to Chiang Mai, where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel in Chiang Mai
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Meals not mentioned
- Expenditures of a personal nature
- Round-trip transfers from Four Seasons Chiang Mai & Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
Cancel up to 5 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You will receive confirmation within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Note that 2 people ride on 1 elephant