From Chiang Mai, join this mountain biking discovery of the Chiang Dao valley. Enjoy a rich cultural experience through this rewarding two day trip, discovering hill tribes villages and authentic rural life of North Thailand.
What to Expect
Day 1: Chiang Mai - Chiangdao (approx. 30 to 40 km cycling / 25 miles)
After breakfast, pick-up at your hotel and drive in covered pick-up truck north to Chiangdao area. Then you start your bike ride along typical North Thailand countryside, followed by some forest and valley trails, leading to small hill tribe villages. Visit Lahu, Lisu and Akkha villages, also discover the Palaung people, who originate in Myanmar and have only a few settlement in Northern Thailand. After a visit of the villages and taking a refreshment, you ride the last few kilometers to reach the Padeng Lodge, your overnight accommodation. Relax and shower watching the sunset over the Chiangdao mountain range, before an excellent Thai dinner. Meals: Lunch, Dinner.
Day 2: Chiang Dao - Chiang Mai (approx. 40 km cycling / 25 miles)
Today is an easy cycling day in great natural surroundings! Most cycling is on paved road, though the first section is a fast moving easy trail through the forest, leading to a Lisu village. The escort vehicle is following (except during raining season). Then cycle some paved roads, to reach your lunch place, a local restaurant. Afternoon cycling mostly on narrow rural lanes eventually leading back to the Chiangdao caves. Afternoon ride is long distance rolling hills through mostly farms and fruit orchards, with scenic views of the Doi Chiangdao mountain. Arrive at the caves for a short exploration (main chamber). Meet with your vehicle and be taken back to Chiang Mai (1 hour) and drop off at your Chiang Mai hotel. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Tour as per itinerary
- Transportation from Chiang Mai by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local support vehicle
- Mountain-Bikes with 24 speeds and front suspension
- Safety helmets
- Water bottle
- English speaking tour guide and driver/mechanic
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Drinking water and snacks
What's Not Included
- Beverages, tips and optional tours
- Personal expenses
- Other meals
Know Before You Go
• Overnight at Padeng Lodge in rustic accommodation in Thai wooden house with fans. Western style toilets and hot showers facilities are provided outside the room.
• Participants should bring personal cycling gear as padded short, gloves, runners or good footwear, sunglasses.