Cycle the quiet back roads of Chiang Mai on a 3-hour bike tour, and enjoy the city’ pagoda temples, busy night markets and more in the cool of the evening. You will also drop into a local language school to learn a few words of Thai.
What to Expect
When the sun sets, Chiang Mai doesn't stop. But it does slow down, and the ancient temples with their golden spires take on a magical feel. See the Old Town from a different perspective as you cycle through quiet back roads, small lanes and alleys as the fierce midday temperatures finally cool down.
You will be fitted out with bikes for comfort. Then, cycle the streets when the peak rush hour traffic has died down.
Chiang Mai is bright enough at night to beautifully capture the illuminated temples and statues on your camera, as your guide explains the history of the ancient Lanna city. Pedal down to the Ping River for a stroll through the evening market, and catch the sights and scents of an amazing array of fruits and vegetables. Delicious snacks are everywhere!
Follow the banks of the river to the famous flower market, and head through some beautiful manicured gardens en route to the train station. Go to Tha Pae Gate to see locals playing badminton, and practicing their Tai Chi. Then, pop into a night school to pick up a few words of Thai with recent immigrants from Burma and Laos.
- Bike and helmet
- Accident insurance
- All water and snacks while riding
- English-speaking cycling guide
What's Not Included
- Tips for guides
- Any services not mentioned in the itinerary
Know Before You Go
• Please make sure you supply the heights of all passengers when booking. This information will be used to supply the correct-sized bicycles
• This tour is guaranteed with a minimum of 2 adults
• Please arrive on time to be fitted with suitable bike gear