Come along for an adventurous guided cycling day in the scenic Chiang Dao valley! Ride your bike on forest trails discovering hill-tribe villages and leisurely pedal through traditional countryside of Northern Thailand.
What to Expect
Pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel in the morning. You will be taken to the Chiang Dao valley region (vehicle transfer approximately 1.5 hours) to reach your activity base for the day- Padeng Lodge. Upon arrival, enjoy locally brewed tea or coffee while the friendly guide fits the bikes to ensure you are comfortable throughout the day.
The adventure for the day begins with a ride on mostly paved road through picturesque countryside leading to a Karen village where we take a break. You then ride an off-road section reaching another village before heading back to the lodge for a delicious Thai lunch. (Loop 12 - 15 km)
After lunch you enjoy some more off-roading along a single trail through the forest followed by flat, paved country roads leading to the Chiang Dao caves. The support vehicle is always close by should anyone need a rest or refreshments. (Distance varies between 25 km to 30km – depending on the route chosen).
At 16:00 you end your ride at the famous Chiang Dao caves and Buddhist sanctuary, which can be explored when time permits. After a day of exploring the Chiang Dao area on two wheels, you will be transferred back to your Chiang Mai accommodation (arrival time approximately 17.30).
- Pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned van or car
- Experienced English speaking tour guide and licensed driver
- Water and snacks
- Mountain-Bikes with 24 gears and front suspension and cycling helmets
- Support vehicle
- Thai picnic lunch
What's Not Included
- Other beverages
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Other food
Know Before You Go
• Vegetarian and other dietary needs can be catered for, please advise at time of booking if required.
• Wear suitable outdoor clothing; sneakers or runners, a hat, sunglasses sunscreen, and insect repellent.
• Not recommended for participants with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.