Embark on an exciting trekking adventure in Thailand’s Chiang Mai. Discover hill tribe villages, raft the Mae Taeng River, and enjoy scenic landscapes while riding on the back of an elephant.
What to Expect
Embark on an adventurous 2-day trekking tour to discover some of Thailand’s stunning nature and local life.
Discover Karen Hill Tribe Villages along your trekking route on the first day and discover an elephant camp on your second. Enjoy an elephant ride and plunge into the Mae Taeng River for an exhilarating bamboo rafting adventure to Shan Village.
Stop off at the Mae Malai market to have a peak at the local products on display, before heading to a Hot Spring where you can enjoy a refreshing picnic lunch. Then begin your 1.5-hour trek up to Karen Hill Tribe Village at Ban Pong Noi, and further on for 2.5 hours to another Karen Hill Tribe Village at Bann Pangpaka or Bann Mae Manai. Take a well-earned rest here and enjoy a good nights sleep after dinner.
Continue your trek bright and early to an elephant camp. Mount one of these majestic creatures and delight in a 1.5-hour elephant ride to Lahu Hill Tribe Village, where you’ll be able to enjoy some lunch. Go on to explore Mae Taeng River on an exiting 3-hour bamboo rafting adventure to Shan Village with interesting stops en route, before driving back to Chian Mai.
- Bus-transfers and tours as specified
- English-speaking local guide
- Entrance fees to the National Park
- Elephant ride and bamboo rafting
- Accommodation in bamboo cottage (dormitory room)
- Meals as specified
What's Not Included
- Extra meals not included in the tour
- Personal expenditures i.e. laundry, telephone bills, drinks, souvenirs etc
This activity is non-refundable
Know Before You Go
• Tour program could be subject to change due to local conditions
• What to bring:
• Walking shoes
• Slippers or sandals
• Sleeping wear
• Sweater, jacket or sleeping bag (Oct – Feb)
• Torch or flashlight
• Swimming suit
• Sun protection cream & mosquito or insect repellant
• Towel and toiletries
• Backpack can be provided on request