Samariá Gorge is a National Park and a World Biosphere Reserve, as well as a major tourist attraction on the island of Crete. Enjoy a challenging hike through the amazing landscapes of limestone cliffs and quaint villages as you take in spectacular views.
What to Expect
From its jaw-dropping villages to its healthy Mediterranean cuisine, Crete is a feast for the senses. The stunning beauty of Samariá Gorge National Park is an important part of the island’s attraction.
On this full-day excursion you’ll be picked up in Chania and travel by comfortable bus to the park. Get ready to be wowed by the gorge, as high limestone cliffs and quaint village create the background for a great hike.
The walking tour from one end of Samaria gorge to the other is a challenging 18 kilometers. The terrain in the gorge is rough, rocky, and uneven and the hike is not suitable for anyone who has heart problems or is unfit, or for pregnant women.
There are a number of stopping points along the route, where you’ll find toilets and drinking water. At some points the gorge is only 3 meters wide and you may have to climb over boulders. You’ll reach the end of the gorge at Agia Roumeli, and stop for a break and a bite to eat (the price of the food is not included).
You’ll return by boat to Sougia where you’ll be picked up by the coach.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Local guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
What's Not Included
- Samariá Gorge admission fee (EUR 5.00)
- Boat ticket from Agia Roumeli to Sougia
- Food and drinks
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The terrain in the gorge is rough, rocky, and uneven and the hike is not suitable for anyone who has heart problems or is unfit, or for pregnant women
• Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing
• Extra charges may apply if customers' hotel is outside Chania City at the time of booking