Discover one of the most beautiful fortified cities from the Middle Ages on a 2-hour walking tour of Carcassonne. Learn more about the Cathar religion and the holy wars that raged at Europe's most comprehensive and formidable defensive fortress.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Visit the Basilica of Our Lady of Nazaré with its magnificent stained glass windows
- Hear incredible stories about the defensive techniques used to guard Carcassonne
- Learn about the Catholic Inquisition that eliminated the Cathars
- 2-hour guided tour
- Entrance fee to Comtal Castle (Château Comtal)
- Entrance fee to the Museum of the Inquisition (Musée de l'Inquisition)
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- All participants who are over 18 years old must present either proof of full vaccination, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
La cité Nabonne door entrance ( in front of the statue Lady Carcas)Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please note that this tour involves a lot of walking on cobblestone streets and some walking up stairs. It may not be suitable for those with reduced mobility.
- Regrettably, the tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please wear comfortable shoes (no high heels).
- Sunglasses are recommended in July and August.
- Please note that the price of this tour depends on the number of customers per group.