Township and Robben Island Combination Tour
Pick-up servicePlease give us the name and street address of your accommodation when making a booking.
- Visit the most important Townships of Cape Town
- See Robben Island Prison where Mandela was incarcerated for 18 of his 27 years in prison
- Walk through the Township of Langa
- Visit the Gugulethu Seven Memorial
- See the Amy Biehl Memorial in the Gugulethu Township
- Walk the streets, meet and greet the people and hear the sound of children play in the Townships
- Ferry ride to and from Robben Island
- A full day historical and cultural tour forcusing on the struggle against Apartheid and the effects of it
From there we will move on to Langa, the oldest township in Cape Town.
Next we travel to Bonteheuwel, a township developed from the forcibly removed District Six residents classified as colored. Learn about the rules in these township and how they affected everyday life.
We with the township chapter of our tour with a visit to Gugulethu, home to more than 300,000 residents. Here your guide will explain how this township has developed after the fall of Apartheid.
We break for lunch at the V&A Waterfront, one of the top tourist destinations in Cape Town with breathtaking views of Table Mountain.
Next we take the ferry to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated for 18 of his 27 prison years. Here you take a guided tour of the infamous maximum security prison and see Nelson Mandela's cell.
After exploring the island you will be taken back to the V&A Waterfront by ferry, where the tour ends.
- Vehicle and driver guide
- Return Ferry tickets to Robben Island
- Guided tour of Robben Island
- A visit to Nelson Mandela's cell
- Passenger liability insurance cover
- Return transfer to hotel at the end of the tour
Pick up is offered from hotels in City Centre, V & A Waterfront or Atlantic Seaboard. Please provide the name of the accommodation at the moment of the booking. if the hotel is outside the pick-up range or the name of the accommodation is not provided, customer will be picked up at the V & A hotel Waterfront.
Robben Island tickets are subject to availability.
A full refund is possible for cancellations at least 48 hours before the tour starts. Customers will be fully charged for cancellations after that.
We advise clients to bring small change for donations to people if they take pictures of them and for purchasing small arts and crafts in support of small businesses operating in township communities. On Sundays you might want to leave a donation at church.
Product ID: 11066