Zig Zag your way up the shortest route to the summit of Table Mountain.
What to Expect
The fastest route up Table Mountain is via Platteklip Gorge. You can expect less than an hour up and about 30 minutes down, depending on your fitness.
The trail begins at a short distance past the lower cable way station on Tafelberg Road.
According to a folk tale, a Dutch settler named Jan Van Hunks used to smoke his pipe on the slopes of the mountain. One day he met a stranger who challenged him to a pipe smoking competition. The stranger happened to be the Devil and by the time Van Hunks won their smoke had covered the mountain.
Enjoy the panoramic views from the path to the table top and have the option of taking the Cable Car back down.
What's Not Included
- Cable Car Fees
- Food & Drinks
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note, group size is restricted to 10 participants
• Transport: arranged on request
• Food and drink: on request, a snack, sandwich and water can be provided
• Children under 18 – half price when accompanied by an adult
• No Children Under 8 are allowed on the tour
• All hikes are at your own risk and are subject to weather conditions