Half or Full Day | Township Cycle with Velokhaya, Cape Town
From £98 per personBook now
- Guided tour of the Velokhaya BMX Oval and Khayelitsha, Cape Town’s largest township
- An authentic experience that allows you to see how bicycles are transforming the lives of South African youth
- Use Bike & Saddle’s top-of-the-line bicycle to tour through the vibrant streets of the township and meet the locals
- Enjoy light refreshments and a tasting platter of local cuisine
- Any entrance fees and a backup vehicle are included
You will begin your tour with a shuttle to the Velokhaya BMX Oval where you will meet your hosts for the afternoon, a group of local youth.
The Velokhaya BMX Oval is in the heart of Khayelitsha, Cape Town's largest township and the second largest township in South Africa. The new BMX facility serves as a much-needed recreational facility for the township’s youth. It is a place to have fun and learn new skills in a secure environment.
After meeting the youth, you will take a tour of the BMX Oval before heading outside for a bike ride through the vibrant streets of the township. Getting to know the local community and learn about the culture through direct interaction with the locals is a memorable experience. You will end the afternoon with a tasting of a local delicacy.
This off-the-beaten-track township tour is a unique way to explore the South Africa often left off the brochures. See firsthand how bicycles are helping transform the lives of local youth.
- Bicycle and necessary equipment including handle-bar bag, helmet and water bottle
- Light refreshments and tasting platter of local cuisine
- Entrance fees
- Backup vehicle
- Tour fee of 90€ per person (inclusive of Value Added Tax)
- Special bicycle equipment such as top-clips or other customizations
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (can be arranged for a fee upon request)
You will meet at the right of the main entrance to the Cape Grace Hotel at West Quay Road, in the heart of the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. Departure times are not flexible.
• Bike and Saddle reserves the right to alter or amend rates and trip details at any time
• Cancellations must be received prior to 12:00 the previous day of the tour at which time the full tour fee will be refunded; Cancellations made beyond the cut-off time will be charged in full, with no exceptions
• Cancellations must be made in writing and any cancellation request is deemed received by Bike & Saddle only when confirmed in writing by Bike and Saddle
• Bike and Saddle cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to the property or possessions of guests
Product ID: 12480