Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of Cape Town from the top of Table Mountain on a 4-hour sightseeing tour. Explore the city center on a drive around the Malay Quarter, Company Gardens, Castle of Good Hope, Diamond Works, Milnerton and more.
What to Expect
Ascend to the summit of Table Mountain overlooking Cape Town on a half-day tour that also includes a hotel pick-up and exploration of the city’s most historic neighborhoods.
Start with a drive through the city center, passing landmarks such as the Castle of Good Hope, built in 1666 by the Dutch East India Company. Admire the baroque grandeur of City Hall and the Grand Parade. Continue along Adderley Street to St. George’s Cathedral, overseen by the Anglican Diocese of Nobel Peace Laureate, Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
Pass Company Gardens and the Malay Quarter [also known as “Bo-Kaap”] in the foothills of Table Mountain to see the historic district of the Cape Malays, descendants of slaves brought to Cape Town from Java, Ceylon and other regions of the Far East in the early 18th century.
Next, go to Table Mountain via Kloof Nek, and ascend to the top [weather permitting] by revolving cable car (tickets not included). Look for wild flowers and the famous silver tree, before getting a bird’s-eye view of the city and its beaches. On clear days it’s possible to see Cape Point on one side and Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, on the other side. Descend from the Upper Cableway station for a drive around Table Bay to Milnerton (time permitting).
Here you can enjoy the same views of Table Mountain that the early settlers would have seen when they sailed into Table Bay.
- Return transfers from central Cape Town hotels. Collection from other areas upon request
What's Not Included
- Cableway ticket to the top of Table Mountain
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour has 2 daily departures
• Dual language tours with German/English commentary are available on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sundays (morning tour only)
• Please take into account that buying the ticket to Table Mountain on the spot may take a long time. It is recommended that you purchase the ticket beforehand