Pedal through time as you experience the rich history, luscious food and spectacular wine of Cape Town's world-famous wine country. Stop and taste along the way, drinking in the view and the culture in this half or full day bike tour.
What to Expect
Imagine yourself cycling through the rolling hills of South Africa's renowned wine country on this amazing half or full day trip. Your senses will be overwhelmed as you step back in time and experience some of the history of wine culture in the lush Constantia Valley.
As you gently pedal through the breathtaking landscape, you will be greeted with one of the oldest suburbs of Cape Town. Known around the world for their expert wine, discover the history of these estates dating back to 1682. You will have the chance to stop leisurely along the way, drinking and eating as you desire. We will also take the time to explore some of the wine cellars and museums along the way, ensuring your trip is as well rounded as it is opulent.
This bicycle trip can be taken as either a half day (approximately 5 hours) or full day excursion (approximately 8 hours). For the best experience, we highly recommend giving yourself the full day to drink in the region, the fine wine and the exquisite cuisine of the country.
Your trip will include all equipment, tastings, food and beverages, as well as cellar and museum tours along the way.
- New bikes and equipment
- Incredible views and landscapes around Constantia Valley -- South Africa's world famous wine country
- All wine tastings
- Gourmet picnic lunch
- Cellar and museum tours
- Snacks and beverages along the way
- Personalized service from the best guides in the industry
- Transport from Cape Town city center to and from Constantia
What's Not Included
- Special equipment such as toe-clips or other customization. Contact Bike & Saddle in this regard.
Know Before You Go
• Rates are quoted per trip per person and are inclusive of Value Added Tax at 14%.
• Bike and Saddle reserves the right to alter or amend rates and trip details at any time.
• Cancellations must be received prior to 12 noon the previous day of the scheduled trip to avoid penalties; We issue a 100% refund if these cancellation terms are met; beyond the cut-off time, our cancellation fee is 100% i.e. the guest forfeits 100% of the trip fee. This includes "no-shows". No exceptions can be made.
• Please note that the cancellation must be made in writing and has not been deemed received by Bike & Saddle unless confirmed in writing by Bike & Saddle.
• The owners and management of Bike and Saddle cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to the property or for any possessions of the guest participating in a trip.
• Departure hours are not flexible; kindly ensure guests are familiar with the trip departure location and time.