Experience the local customs and culture of Cape Town on a community-based bicycle tour. Visit traditional healers, local artists, a preschool and traditional African restaurant on a half or full day tour.
What to Expect
Don’t miss the opportunity to take part in an international, award-winning bicycle tour through a Cape Town township. On this socially responsible tour you will meet and interact with the local African community - all from your bicycle seat!
A qualified local guide will escort you around the township, where you will visit interesting places and learn all about Xhosa customs. Tour highlights include traditional dancing by the Sangoma, a visit to the local preschool and an authentic African lunch at a local home.
The tour is run in conjunction with the Bicycling Empowerment Network (BEN), a non-profit organisation that facilitates the importation of discarded second-hand bicycles to South Africa. The company also assists members of the local community to start their own businesses.
- Guided experience with township guide
- Sangoma (traditional healer)
- Dancing and drumming
- Donation and visit to Peacock crèche (only available during the week)
- Visit crafters and local artists in community
- Lunch at Nongolozi’s Restaurant or tea in an African home
- Old fashioned Dutch Bicycles hire included