Cape Town Day Tour
From £41 per personBook now
- Ride the cable car to the top of Table Mountain, the “World's End”
- Explore the country's oldest building, The Castle of Good Hope, a vestige of Dutch colonialism in Africa
- Visit the Castle's Company Gardens, Parliament, City Hall, and the Slave Lodge
- Watch a professional diamond cutter at work
First, we'll ride the cable car up to the summit of the legendary Table Mountain, from which you will be able to see the entire city and surrounding layout of the southernmost tip of Africa.
Then, we'll visit the oldest building in South Africa, The Castle of Good Hope, a fort built by the Dutch in the late 17th century. Nearby, the Company Gardens are well-preserved, and a fascinating look into South Africa's colonial past. The drive continues past the Parliament buildings, City Hall, and the Slave Lodge, where you'll get a taste of history in their distinctive colonial architecture.
As we move up the cobblestoned hills to the Malay Quarter, marvel at the pastel colors of the Bo-Kaap homes. Our day ends on a sparkling note, as we meet a professional diamond cutter to watch him ply his ancient craft.
- Locations listed in the itinerary
- Transportation and pickup from beachfront city hotels
- Personal items and purchases
- Food and drinks
This tour picks up from city hotels, including the hotels that are at the beach front. Please make sure you inform us of the pick-up hotel when booking this tour. Transfers from other hotels available for an additional fee.
• The Castle of Good Hope is closed on Sundays
• In bad weather it may be impossible to visit Table Mountain
Product ID: 19724