Camissa Township Social Soccer TourProduct ID: 11062
From £36.84 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePlease specify your accomodation's name and street address when making a booking.
- See the impact of soccer in small South African communities on this half-day Social Soccer tour from Cape Town
- Play a short match with local youth on a newly-installed artificial turf field
- Get to know the Camissa Township on foot with a local guide
- Take the chance to talk to local community members, and hear about their experiences with soccer and the FIFA World Cup
Since hosting the 2010 FIFA World, township communities in South Africa have benefited from new and improved facilities and playing fields.
Today, soccer is the main sport in these communities, and has become a central part of everyday life for local children and teenagers.
After arriving in Camissa Township from Cape Town, it´s time to kick the ball around. Have fun and play a short 30- to 45-minute game with the town’s youth at a newly-installed artificial turf field.
Afterwards, learn about soccer’s history in South Africa, and how the country’s politics have affected the beautiful game over the years. A local guide will take you on a tour through the community and give you an insight of everyday life in the township.
Take the time to have a chat with community members of all ages, and hear about their experiences during the 2010 World Cup, when the eyes of the world were fixed on South Africa.
From there you will board the minibus back to Cape Town, with a new perspective on the impact that soccer can have.
- Vehicle and driver guide
- Water and snacks
- Ground fees and donation to the Cape Town School of Football
Hotel pick-ups at any hotels located in the V&A Waterfront, the Atlantic Seaboard and the Central Business District (Cape Town City Centre) (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 11062