Set your sense of adventure free exploring the south eastern coast of South Africa; from Cape winelands to Cape Agulhus and up to Addo National Park - wine, sharks, surf, bungy, lions, elephants, etc.
What to Expect
The ultimate Western Cape and Eastern Cape experience, exploring the winding roads from Cape Town to Addo National Park with stops at Cape Agulhas, Oudshoorn, Wilderness Tsitsikamma and Jeffreys' Bay, set against a backdrop of awe-inspiring scenic wonders, blessed with abundant wildlife, grand wine farms and pristine sandy beaches - along the beautiful Garden Route.
Experience the creative vibe of informal settlements and learn about the proud cultures and traditions of our diverse people. Spot abundant wildlife by exploring three national parks along the south eastern coast - including Tsitsikamma -, Wilderness- and Addo National Park. Swim in the Indian Ocean, surf the famous waves of J’bay, bungy jump, have close encounters with cheetahs!
* This is a combo tour package - including a 2day Western Cape tour, and 5day Garden Route tour section.
• Kayamandi Township - A guided walking tour in this vibrant township.
• Wine and cheese tasting - Sample wine & cheese in the Winelands.
• Franschhoek - Lunch stop.
• Cape Agulhas - Visit the southern most tip of Africa.
OVERNIGHT in Cape Agulhas
Choose how you want to spend your morning: Relax in Hermanus or choose between shark cage diving in Gansbaai.
• Hermanus - Enjoy the morning in this laid-back coastal town. Have a 'whale' of a time at this spectacular land-based whale watching spot (whale season from Jun to Nov).
• Shark cage diving - (optional with extra cost) The brave at heart rise early to go cage diving with the Great White sharks
• Betty's Bay - Get close to a colony of over 5000 African penguins in their natural habitat.
• Clarence drive - We take the scenic route along the coastline to arrive back in Cape Town late afternoon.
OVERNIGHT in Stellenbosch
• Route 62 - Along South Africa's famous country road you'll capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, rugged Karoo plains, vineyards and orchards. We will also stop for a drink at a famous country pub.
• Cango Wildlife Ranch - A sanctuary to some of the world's most endangered animals and contribute to conservation of over 60 species. You'll get the opportunity of a personal 'Natural Encounter' to touch cheetahs, hug Bengal tiger cubs, wrap yourself in a python and even dive with Nile crocodiles! (all optional activities - with extra costs)
• Cango Caves - These caves are an illuminated wonderland of subterranean magic and mystery, with passageways and chambers meandering far below. The tour will explore the narrow passages and vast halls filled with colorful ancient stalactites.
OVERNIGHT in Oudtshoorn
• Bloukrans Bungy Jump - Face your fear and jump from the world's highest bungy jump or watch the adrenaline junkies as they scream through the air. (Optional with extra cost).
• Elephant feed experience - (Optional with extra cost) Fall in love with these giant and lovable creatures. Learn about the elephants' background, behaviour and character as you touch and feed them.
• Ostrich farm visit - We tour an ostrich farm
OVERNIGHT in Jeffrey's Bay area
• Tsitsikamma National Park - Spend time in paradise as we explore the marine reserve with its unique combination of dramatic coastal and forest landscape.
• 3 hour Drive in Addo Elephant National Park visit (in tour bus) - The third largest national park in South Africa, this park conserve a wide diversity of biodiversity, landscapes, fauna and flora. The lush vegetation provides protection and a rich food source, supporting what is now the most dense population of wild elephants on the planet. Today this finely tuned ecosystem is sanctuary to over 500 elephants, lions, buffalo, black rhino, spotted hyena, leopard, a variety of antelope and zebra and other species.
• extra 2 hour 4x4 Game Drive with game ranger in Addo Elephant National Park. (Optional with extra cost).
OVERNIGHT in Jeffrey's Bay
• Beachtime & Shopping in J'Bay - Go for an early morning surf or just chill out. The backpackers hire out surf boards and wetsuits at extra cost. We will stop at the the Billabong, Rib Curl and Quicksilver factory shops for excellent deals on branded clothing.
• Waterfall Zipline - The eight slides, of which the longest is 211m, zigzag along cables across the river gorge, as high as 50m above the water in some places. (Optional with extra cost). If you don't want to do the zipline experience, then you can go for a walk in the forest.
• Knysna - Nestled between forested mountains, sea and curving around a big lagoon, we visit The Heads, where the sea crashes through these two massive sandstone cliffs.
OVERNIGHT in Wilderness area
• Myoli Beach is an undiscovered beach paradise, perfect for swim or surf in the ocean.
• Wilderness Canoe - 18km of beaches cooled by sea spray, five lakes, five rivers and two estuaries, Wilderness is one of nature's jewels in the crown and a protected National Park. Canoe on the Wilderness lagoon and watch the bird life while gliding over the water in a pure encounter with nature.
- Travel back to reach Cape Town area by late evening.
*Subject to availability, on occasion the overnight stop for day2 might change to Hermanus. **At the discretion of management, guides, and transport may/will be changed during the course of your tour.
- Pick-up from, and Drop-off at your accommodation in Cape Town areas
- Guided township culture tour
- Wine and cheese tastings
- Port and chocolate tasting/ pairing
- Penguin-visit entry fee
- Cango Wildlife Ranch entrance fee
- Cango Caves adventure tour
- Ostrich farm tour
- Entrance to Addo National Park
- Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park
- Entrance to Wilderness National Park
- 3 hour game drive in tour bus in Addo National Park
- Wilderness canoeing
- Friendly local driver-guide
- Transport to tour's highlights - with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- Accommodation for 6 nights - as per package selected
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks
- Personal insurance
- Optional extra activities
- OPTIONAL EXTRA ACTIVITIES available on tour:
- Shark cage diving (from +/-R1400 pp)
- Bungy jumping (from +/-R 790 pp)
- Extra 2 hour 4x4 Game Drive in Addo (from +/-R 240 pp)
- Waterfall Ziplining (from +/-R 350 pp)
- Surf board hiring
- Elephant feed experience (from +/-R 330 pp)
- Animal Encounters including:
- Tiger encounter* (from R 320 pp)
- Cheetah encounter* (from R 180 pp)
- Croc cage diving (from R 320 pp)
- Python Encounter (from R 90 pp)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
This is a combo tour package - including a 2day Western Cape tour, and 5day Garden Route tour section.
*Some animal encounters are seasonal - availability can vary. Croc cage encounters are not open during the winter months (May to Sept)
#These exciting OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES are offered and scheduled as part of each tour's free-time to personalise your trip. Optionals are not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. Optional activities are pre-booked for your convenience, but are weather dependent and can therefore only be paid / confirmed on the day of the activity.
Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments - or - the tour guide will stop at an ATM (on request) to give you the option to draw cash as you need it.
* The exact itinerary is subject to change, and might need to run in different order, or overnight at Hermanus, Stellenbosch or Cape Town on occasion.